Cyndx is the collaborative result of seasoned investment bankers, M&A specialists, data scientists, and product teams with decades of experience
Since 2013, we have been challenging the traditional and standard templates of how market and investment research is done, providing our clients the most comprehensive search and discovery platform.
At Cyndx, we believe knowledge is power and that all missed opportunities are lost opportunities. The manner and comprehensiveness with which you start your search is perhaps the most important phase and ultimately shapes your outcome.
As a leading fintech company, Cyndx harnesses the power of semantic search, driven by our proprietary predictive analytics engine.
We make data smarter, so that it can work harder and more effective for you, allowing you to find the right investments or investors to aligned with your needs.
Almost $1 Billion in transaction volume has been facilitated using the Cyndx platform.
Some of the world’s top tier investment banks, VC firms, private equity firms and family offices already leverage Cyndx to launch their search for new opportunities.
Jim has more than 20 years of investment banking experience at Salomon Brothers,
DLJ, Credit Suisse and most recently Bank of America/ Merrill Lynch where he ran the Technology, Media and Telecom banking group.
Among others, Jim has advised Ancestry.com, AOL.com, eBay, Expedia, Exponential, FaceBook, Glam, GSI Commerce, Getty Images,Google, Kynetic, LinkedIn, Monster, Opentable, Priceline, QuinStreet, Rubicon, SurveyMonkey, Synacor, TripAdvisor, Weather.com, Yahoo, and Zynga.
Jim earned a bachelor’s degree from the University of Notre Dame and an MBA from Columbia University School of Business. Jim also served as a Lieutenant in the United States Navy.
Elise McVeigh has over 20 years of experience among various roles within senior management at some of the world’s top media companies, including MTV, Discovery, Lifetime, and ESPN.
Elise is a proven team leader, able to identify new market opportunities and develop the most effective marketing and sales strategies. Elise was part of the founding Cyndx and has helped develop its product and go to market strategy. Elise brings her vast set of skills to the FinTech space and is involved in the legal, administration, HR, strategy, and client-relationship tasks at Cyndx- and she is loving every minute of it.
Elise earned a bachelor’s degree from Providence College.
Mike serves as Chief Financial Officer at Cyndx Holdings and is responsible for finance and M&A activities.
Prior to joining Cyndx, Mike served in the media and telecom investment banking groups at TAP Advisors, Barclays Capital and Bank of America.
Mike holds a Bachelor of Science from Florida State University and an MBA from Wake Forest University.
Meet Our Team
- 20+ years sales & business development experience from S&P Capital IQ, FactSet, and RIMES Technologies
- SUNY Albany
- 6 years experience in data science and AI, including founding General Semantics, a startup that used unsupervised NLP to automate the production of industry taxonomies from unstructured text
- Research interests include language modeling, attention mechanisms, online triplet mining, document similarity, semantic search, and fake news detection.
- Yale School of Management, Argonne National Laboratory, University of Chicago, Trinity College
- 7 years in software engineering and solutions architecture
- Bachelor’s of Management Engineering with focuses in computer engineering and entrepreneurship from Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
- 12 years in data research and engineering on three continents, most recently heading the data science, engineering, and analytics efforts at Dashlane.
- PhD in Bioinformatics from University of Turku (Finland)